Thursday January 3rd, 2019!
Hello to our Dance Family!
Welcome to Phil Adams & Mindia Robin's Newsletter: "As the Dancer Turns..."
Time to take another spin with this uplifting issue.
Soap Opera Snippets
A day in the life of...
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Great fun last month at our Holiday Potluck Parties... at 1st Saturday (see the Call U Out section), & also at our Thursday Elks venue.
And now it's time for "HAPPY NEW YEAR" Greetings! Welcome to 2019. We thought about some new resolutions, for YOU Lol!
1. Spend a minimum of $1000 per month on dance classes (OUR classes).
2. Bring 5 new people with you every week (to OUR classes).
3. Make them promise to become regulars, & to bring 5 more friends each week (to OUR classes). Get the jist of it? Lol!
4. Book private dance lessons weekly (with US), & give $1000 tip each time.
5. Instead of going back to the gym, or starting that new crash diet, get back on track on the dance floor (at OUR dances).
6. Give the best reviews for dancing on Yelp (OUR stuff). Hey, wait a minute. Phil, do we even have a Yelp account?
***Here is the video from Steve Stingley of our Intermediate WCS workshop, from December 1st.*** Phil & I have festive outfits on Lol! Enjoy.
1st SATURDAY EVENT: JANUARY 5, 2019!!!
Join us for our fun, monthly event. Usually 150 to 200 dancers come out to share their passion. COUNTRY 2-STEP, NIGHTCLUB 2-STEP, & WEST COAST SWING WORKSHOPS (must be at least Intermediate level), followed by SOCIAL DANCING! Private lessons may be available. See link above (1st Saturday Monthly Event) for details. Ages 18 & up.
South Bay Dance Center
Savers Plaza, behind O'Reilly Auto Parts
24817 S. Western Ave. (cross street is Lomita Blvd.)
Lomita, CA 90717
FREE PARKING in front or behind studio! Both doors are open to enter the studio.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 25th, 2019: PRESS BOX Westminster, OC!
We will be hosting the night Teaching & DJing. No partner needed.
7:15 to 8pm Intermed./Adv. West Coast Swing
8 to 8:30pm Intro/Beg. West Coast Swing (Free)
8:30pm Social dancing
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10th, 2019: USA DANCE (Culver City)!
Guest Instructors. No partner needed.
6 to 7pm Beg./Intermed. West Coast Swing
7pm Social dancing
CALL YOU OUT!
Here is where we get to pick on our readers, instead of each other! We had a fun, potluck/holiday party last month, 1st Saturday, December 1st (South Bay Dance Center in Lomita). People started bringing food early, during the workshops. We had tables set up in the back studio for all the goodies, for LATER. But John Lodin was spotted during the WCS workshop sampling a few items Lol! Although I don't blame him; I was hungry too.
TUNE-UP YOUR PLAYLIST!
We want to share with you our favorite songs of the week!
MINDIA'S SONG PICKS
PHIL'S SONG PICKS
"Fallin' All in You" Shawn Mendes
OUR IMPROV EXHIBITION OF WEST COAST SWING...
PERFORMED AT THE SPRING BALL, HOSTED by SOUTH BAY DANCE CLUB on MAY 18th, 2018 (Ayres Hotel)!
Thanks so much to Linda & Marie for inviting us to perform at their fun, classy event. Thanks so much to Mike Lucek for the video! More videos & pics are on our FB.
We are working on re-vamping one of our favorite past routines now; please let us know if interested in joining. This is an ideal time to start.
TUESDAYS in WHITTIER: UPDATE
Beginner classes are now $10 each. Phil had been overly generous for many years; he was due for a raise Lol!
***First time beginners are FREE!***
Private lessons may be available with Phil or myself. You will have fun, & learn stuff too! Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays. Various venues. Let us know if interested. Privates may also be split between 2 to 4 people (maybe more). Ask for the $5 discount per DVD when you schedule.
PROMO & ADVERTISING HELPERS!
If anybody wants to help us with promoting & advertising resources, please let us know.
JOIN US EVERY THURSDAY
At WESTCHESTER ELKS LODGE in Playa Del Rey for WEST COAST SWING CLASSES & DANCING! (No outside beverages please.) Ages 21 & up. ***NOTE NEW CLASS SCHEDULE; see link above.***
GREAT: Classes, dancing, music, big floor, & of course people! Also has AC & free parking! Ages 21 & up. See Thursday Classes Elks link above for info. PHIL & I NOW TEACH ALL LEVELS of WEST COAST SWING classes & DJ EVERY WEEK! (Click on link above for details.) We usually get between 70 & 90 people every Thursday... It has been a fun night every week.
Westchester Elks Lodge
8025 West Manchester Avenue,
Playa Del Rey, 90293
PARKING: FREE lot behind the lodge; enter the building through the door w/ "Elks" sign; enter from the parking lot.
We have two DVDs available, Beginner & Intermediate WCS. You can purchase them with a credit card in person (cash or check is fine also), or through our web store! More info about payment & options under Highlights.
Highlights... Takin' Care of Business
*DANCE DVD'S!: Payment & Options: Dance DVSs are $35 each (plus tax if credit card payment). Credit card payments are available in person, (or cash or check in person is fine also), or through our web store. If order your DVDs through our website, you have the option to click the "pick up at class" option (to avoid shipping charges), or you can have them shipped.
* Please add our joint business e-mail to your contact/address book, to avoid Spam difficulties: info@PhilAndMindiaDance.com Please use this contact for any future communications.
* All of our classes are drop-in (some do run in a series). No partner needed for any of our classes. No prior dance experience needed for Beginner classes. Two left feet are welcomed; we will introduce you to your right foot! (Phil wanted credit for that last comment.)
* Once you have moved up from our Beginner level classes to Intermediate and then later Advanced, you are welcome to continue taking our Beginner classes for FREE! We want to encourage you to continue working on your basics; that is most important to develop a strong foundation. The best dancers usually are the ones who have worked on their basics for years. When you keep taking Beginner classes, you are also helping the new students to progress faster, since they get to rotate & dance with more experienced dancers.
We hope that you have enjoyed this episode of "As the Dancer Turns..." I know that we have! Stay tuned for more entertaining issues.
Please explore our website for more info. We are also available for private dance lessons. Send us Facebook friend requests if you want to be informed/updated by our Newsfeed and Wall Posts.
Hope to see you dancing soon,
Mindia... and Phil Lol!