Tuesday March 3rd, 2015
Hello to our Dance Family!
Welcome to Phil Adams & Mindia Robin's Newsletter: "As the Dancer Turns..."
Time to take another spin with this uplifting issue.
Soap Opera Snippets
A Day in the Life of...
WE ARE SO SORRY TO INFORM YOU THAT THE HACIENDA MANAGEMENT HAS DECIDED TO CLOSE ON MONDAYS AND TUESDAYS DUE TO CONSTRUCTION. THEY WANT TO CONSOLIDATE THE SCHEDULE TO WEDNESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY FOR DANCING. WE FEEEL VERY SAD ABOUT THIS LOSS. WE HAVE MANY WONDERFUL MEMORIES FROM YEARS PASSED, & HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE TO TEACH AT SUCH A UNIQUE VENUE ON THOSE DAYS. TONIGHT WILL BE MY LAST NIGHT FOR TEACHING TUESDAY CLASSES AT THE HACIENDA; PLEASE COME OUT & SUPPORT! WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR THE NEW VENUE FOR SWINGIN THE CLUB TUESDAYS, & HOPE TO HAVE THE NEW LOCATION BY NEXT TUESDAY, MARCH 10TH. IF WE DON'T HAVE THE NEW VENUE YET, MY CLASSES WILL CONTINUE NEXT WEEK AT A TEMPORARY VENUE. STAY TUNED FOR ALL DETAILS. PHIL & I WILL STILL BE AT THE HACIENDA TEACHING WITH OUR USUAL SCHEDULE ON THURSDAYS & 1ST SATURDAYS. PHIL IS NOW QUOTING ME, & SAYS, "WHEN YOU CLEAR OUT THE OLD, NEW OPPORTUNITIES COME IN ABUNDANCE!" AS DOORS CLOSE, NEW ONES OPEN, & WE HAVE ALREADY FOUND NEW SPACE FOR OUR MONDAY DANCE TEAM PRACTICE & PRIVATE LESSONS. WE ARE EXCITED ABOUT SOME NEW OPPORTUNITIES! WE ARE OPEN TO IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS/ RESOURCES ABOUT MOVING FORWARD. PHIL STILL HAS HIS USUAL TUESDAY CLASSES AT MEMORIES IN WHITTIER, & WILL BE UNAFFECTED. WE WILL SEND AN UPDATE OUT SOON ABOUT EVERYTHING HAPPENING.
PLEASE CONTINUE TO SUPPORT US... WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP?
PUT THE WORD ABOUT US BEING AT THE HACIENDA ON THURSDAYS & 1ST SATURDAYS. COME OUT & DANCE & SUPPORT THE BAR. BRING BACK YOUR FRIENDS THAT LEFT. BRING NEW FRIENDS. SHARE OUR FACEBOOK POSTS. LIKE OUR FB POSTS. JOIN OUR FB INVITES. COMMENT ON FB POSTS. READ & RAVE ABOUT OUR NEWSLETTER. HELP KEEP OUR AMAZING DANCE FAMILY GROWING STRONG! ETC.
***********AND MOST IMPORTANT***********
DURING THIS DIFFICULT TRANSITION, PLEASE SEND ALL GIFTS (CASH, GIFT CARDS, CHECKS, & SO FORTH) TO OUR POBOX IN MANHATTAN BEACH. WE WILL GET A BIGGER BOX HAHA!
NEEDED A MOMENT OF LEVITY!!!!!!
WE LOVE YOU!
MINDIA & PHIL
Please also join us for a fun weekend at the HIGH DESERT DANCE CLASSIC in Lancaster March 13th through the 15th! We are teaching an INTERMEDIATE WORKSHOP FOR WEST COAST SWING "HITTING THE BREAKS" FOR MUSICALITY on Friday, MARCH 13TH at 4 pm. See Highlights below for details. And don't worry, I will check on the cord situation before we teach haha!
WE GAVE YOU SIX NEW SONG PICKS THIS TIME... CHECK THEM OUT BELOW!
*We are available for private dance lessons throughout the week; contact us about scheduling.
*You can now use the same punch card for my classes, or Phil's classes. See below for details about punch cards.
*1st SATURDAY WORKSHOP & SWING DANCE at the HACIENDA HOTEL March, 7th, 2015:
We are having our usual 1st Saturday Workshop & Swing Dance Event at the Hacienda. (See link above for details.)
*THURSDAY DJ NIGHTS at the HACIENDA March 5th, 2015 & March 19th, 2015: Upcoming DJ nights for us on Thursdays at the Hacienda for the Swing Dance after our usual classes. (See link above for details.)
Don't Miss Out!
Make sure you read the "CALL YOU OUT" section below every newsletter; you may be in there! Also check below in "TUNE-UP YOUR PLAYLIST" for songs picks!
We have two DVDs available, Beginner & Intermediate WCS. You can purchase them with a credit card in person (cash or check is fine also),or through our web store! More info about payment & options under Highlights.
We have punch cards available for purchase: ten classes for $100 w/ the eleventh class FREE! You can use the card for my classes or Phil's classes. Punch cards do not expire. We do take credit cards in person or through our web-store.
* We are available for PRIVATE LESSONS throughout the week; contact us to schedule. You get a $5 discount per DVD when you do a private!
*1st TIMERS FREE for my Beginner WCS class on Tuesdays at 7:30 pm at the Hacienda Hotel... bring your friends!
*Please check the "Highlights" section below for more info.
Call You Out!
Here is where we get to pick on our readers (instead of each other)!
We gave you guys a break for way too long! Time to call out one of our regular trouble-makers; he seems to have amnesia lately.
hey Alaneepoo! What day is it today? What day do we have team practice? What time do lessons start? Maybe you don't even remember that you are Alaneepoo! We heard there is a helpful herb for memory loss; try Ginko Biloba haha!
Tune-up Your Playlist
We want to share with you our favorite songs of the week!
"Somebody" by Natalie La Rose (feat. Jeremih) (WCS)
"I Wish I Knew (How to be Free)" by Lighthouse Family (WCS)
"Rhymes" by Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart (WCS)
"Ride Wit Me" by Nelly (feat. City Spud) (WCS)
"You & I Both" by Jason Mraz (WCS)
"Rumble & Sway" Jamie Commons (Country 2-Step)
Please let us know if you have songs to add, or other ideas for our Newsletter Re-birthing. And thank you Shavonne, for suggesting to add song choices.
Takin' Care of Business
* DANCE DVD'S!
Payment & Options: DVDs are $35 each. Credit card payments are available in person, (or cash or check in person is fine also), or through our web store. If order your DVDs through our website, you have the option to click the "pick up at class" option (to avoid shipping charges), or you can have them shipped.
* Please add our joint business e-mail to your contact/address book, to avoid Spam difficulties: info@PhilAndMindiaDance.com Please use this contact for any future communications.
* UPCOMING 1st SATURDAY WORKSHOP & SWING DANCE EVENTS at the Hacienda Hotel: March 7th, 2015. (Click link at the top for details.) (Must be at least 21 years old to attend any Hacienda workshops. classes, or dances.) SAVE THESE UPCOMING DATES: April 4th, May 2nd, & June 6th, 2015. We are always your DJs, unless otherwise noted.
* UPCOMING 3rd SATURDAY, February 21st, 2015: GUEST INSTRUCTORS VALENTINE'S CHRISTIAN COUNTRY ROUND-UP DANCE: ALL ARE WELCOME! FREE FOR FIRST TIMERS!
You can usually find us at the Clubhouse in Placentia (formerly the Atomic) on the 3rd Saturday of each month at the CCR Dance. We teach two Intermediate classes this month, NIGHTCLUB 2-STEP at 6:45 pm, & WEST COAST SWING at 7:25 pm (must know your basics). There is usually a theme & treats! (There are also Beginner classes.) Open Dancing is a mix of music. FIRST TIMERS FREE (except on a few special occasions). We are both available for private lessons there, but with limited space & time slots. Please schedule in advance.
Location: The Clubhouse 733 Dunn Way, Placentia, CA 92870. COST: $20, or $15 for SoCal Christian Dance Club Members. Membership is only $20 for the entire year.
*UPCOMING "HITTING THE BREAKS" WORKSHOP FRIDAY, MARCH 13th, 2015 at HIGH DESERT DANCE CLASSIC in LANCASTER! Join the community for a fun weekend Friday, March 13th through Sunday, March 15th, 2015. Our "HITTING THE BREAKS" Workshop is Friday at 4 pm. It's Intermediate level for West Coast Swing musicality. No partner needed. The event is a weekend full of workshops, competitions, social dancing, & performances. Many styles of dance will be represented. Event Director is the lovely Lisa Sandoval. For more info, go to www.HighDesertDanceClassic.com.
* All of our classes are drop-in (some do run in a series). No partner needed for any of our classes. No prior dance experience needed for Beginner classes. Two left feet are welcomed; we will introduce you to your right foot! (Phil wanted credit for that last comment.)
* Come out for classes & dancing on THURSDAYS at the HACIENDA! (For details click link at the top: Weekly Classes Hacienda.) I teach a FREE Beginner 1 West Coast Swing (Intro) class at 6:30 pm every Thursday.
* Once you have moved up from our Beginner level classes to Intermediate and then later Advanced, you are welcome to continue taking our Beginner classes for FREE! We want to encourage you to continue working on your basics; that is most important to develop a strong foundation. The best dancers usually are the ones who have worked on their basics for years. When you keep taking Beginner classes, you are also helping the new students to progress faster, since they get to rotate & dance with more experienced dancers.
* HACIENDA HOTEL SUPPORT NEEDED: As you may have heard, new owners have taken over the hotel. It is crucial that we show them that the dancing brings in significant revenue. We need to do all that we can to keep this amazing venue for dancing alive! Please support the bar w/ a minimum purchase. If you order food from Sheila or the bartenders, the bill will go towards the bar tab for the night, which is helpful. Ordering food from the restaurant does not count towards the evening's bar tab. PARKING: There is a Hacienda parking lot across the street (entrance on Mariposa St.). One and a half hours free with validation at the bar (just buy a drink or food).
We hope that you have enjoyed this episode of "As the Dancer Turns..." I know that we have! Stay tuned for more entertaining issues.
Please explore our website for more info. We are also available for private dance lessons. Send us Facebook friend requests if you want to be informed/updated by our Newsfeed and Wall Posts. Pease forward this to friends to spread the word!
Hope to see you dancing soon,
Mindia... & Phil ;-)