Saturday, February 22nd, 2014
Hello to our Dance Family!
Welcome to Phil Adams & Mindia Robin's Newsletter: "As the Dancer Turns..."
Time to take another spin with this uplifting issue.
Soap Opera Snippets
A Day in the Life of...
We really appreciate all of your wonderful comments about our new website; it really makes all of that hard work worthwhile since people are enjoying it so much. And if you haven't seen it yet, know that there are photos of us that have never been seen before. And more photos are coming. Speaking of photos, me & my intuition told Phil to call Doug Silton today to take care of the final step for our DVD release. Doug just happened to be looking at our new website when we called. I know... I'm good. We told him to look on the "About Phil and Mindia" page. A moment of silence was followed by a burst of laughter. Doug was happy to see one of the photos that he took of us. Several of the photos on our website are from past photo shoots with Doug. His creative talent & out of the box thinking were a perfect match for our website. Thank you Doug! Phil just turned to me and said, "Oh crap! Is Doug going to raise his prices now?"
We also have a new joint business email: info@PhilAndMindiaDance.com
Please start using this now for any email communications.
A Few Shameless Plugs
And by the way, thanks for making our Valentine's Party so much fun! Hope you had your share of chocolate kisses. I know Phil did; he was just bragging that he ate more than ten!
* Reminder that our next 1st SATURDAY WORKSHOP & DANCE EVENT is March 1st at the Hacienda; WE ARE YOUR DJs!
* We will be the Guest Instructors at the PASADENA BALLROOM DANCE ASSOCIATION on Sunday, February 23rd. We are teaching Intermediate WCS at 6:30 pm. Must know your Beginner basics. No partner needed.
* We are also DJing on Thursday, March 6th, & Thursday March 13th after our classes at the Hacienda.
Please check out the "New Highlights" section below for more updates.
Call You Out!
Here is where we get to pick on our readers (instead of each other).
Phil is calling out... what? He forgot who it was? How many times do I need to tell him that you have to write things down and keep better track of it all? Somebody asked Phil if that picture mentioned above (on the About page of our website) had been photo-shopped. Phil was highly insulted; he wondered how could anyone question his athletic abilities haha! Honey, this is such a good "Call You Out," & we don't even have a name. Phil chimes in, "Noted... thanks for the advice, Honey. Ok, so can you give me more words of wisdom about this? I heard through the grapevine (meaning the person sitting in the car next to me), that you had changed your name to Minida. Frank noticed on the new website that you had it spelled that way in the testimonial section. I may not have kept track of who asked me about the photo-shopped picture, but at least I can keep track of how to spell my own name!" Yes, I did misspell my name, but at least there is somebody (Frank) who knew how it is supposed to be spelled.
Tune-up Your Playlist
We want to share with you our favorite songs of the week!
Mindia's Pick: "Just Fine" by Mary J. Blige (WCS)
Phil's Pick: "Compromise" by Joe (WCS)
Please let us know if you have songs to add, or other ideas for our Newsletter Re-birthing. And thank you Shavonne, for suggesting to add song choices.
Takin' Care of Business
* DANCE DVD'S!
We have two new DVD's coming out very soon... Beginner West Coast Swing & Intermediate West Coast Swing! Stay tuned for more details. They are almost ready... for real.
* Please add our new joint business e-mail to your contact/address book, to avoid Spam difficulties: info@PhilAndMindiaDance.com. Please use this contact for any future communications.
* Our next 1st SATURDAY WORKSHOP & DANCE EVENT at the Hacienda Hotel is March 1st, 2014; WE ARE YOUR DJ's for the evening! (Click link at the top for details.) (Must be at least 21 years old to attend any Hacienda workshops, classes, or dances.) SAVE THESE UPCOMING DATES for the next few 1st Saturday Events: April 12th, (*NOTE* 2nd Saturday in April), May 3rd, & June 7th, 2014!
* All of our classes are drop-in (some do run in a series). No partner needed for any of our classes. No prior dance experience needed for Beginner classes. Two left feet are welcomed; we will introduce you to your right foot! (Phil wanted credit for that last comment.)
* Come out for classes & dancing on THURSDAYS at the HACIENDA! (For details click here: Weekly Classes Hacienda.) I teach a FREE Beginner 1 West Coast Swing (Intro) class at 6:30 pm every Thursday.
* HACIENDA HOTEL SUPPORT NEEDED: As you may have heard, new owners have taken over the hotel. It is crucial that we show them that the dancing brings in significant revenue. We need to do all that we can to keep this amazing venue for dancing alive! Please support the bar w/ a minimum purchase. If you order food from Sheila or the bartenders, the bill will go towards the bar tab for the night, which is helpful. Ordering food from the restaurant does not count towards the evening's bar tab. There are now four dance floors, so spread the word & bring your friends. PARKING: There is a Hacienda parking lot across the street (entrance on Mariposa St.). Three hours free with validation at the bar (just buy a drink or food).
* We will be back teaching at CCR DANCE the 3rd Saturday of April at the Clubhouse in Placentia (formerly the Atomic). We are both available for private lessons there, but with limited space & time slots. Please schedule in advance.
* We are getting more ready for our move... we have some possibilities yay! Thanks for everybody's help. We are excited to live closer to our dance communities!
We hope that you have enjoyed this episode of "As the Dancer Turns..." I know that we have! Stay tuned for more entertaining issues.
Please explore our website for more info. We are also available for private dance lessons. Send us Facebook friend requests if you want to be informed/updated by our Newsfeed and Wall Posts. Pease forward this to friends to spread the word!
Hope to see you dancing soon,
Mindia... & Phil ;-)