Saturday, February 15th, 2014
Hello to our Dance Family!
Welcome to Phil Adams & Mindia Robin's Newsletter: "As the Dancer Turns..."
Time to take another spin with this uplifting issue.
Soap Opera Snippets
A Day in the Life of...
Big Announcement... OUR NEW WEBSITE HAS BEEN LAUNCHED!
Our new website is live... up & running! Please visit us at
We are so excited about our new site. It has been a lot of work, months in the making, but the results are so gratifying. If you like our Newsletter, you will also enjoy our new web adventure!
We want to thank Jon Hicks, our Web Master/Business Consultant. Jon has been working overtime to get things going. When he said, "Yes" to working with us, he probably didn't realize what he was getting himself into; dealing with a recovering perfectionist can be tricky. Sometimes I am quite helpful with all of my details about details, & sometimes not so much. (Phil is nodding his head right now. He wants to welcome Jon to his world.)
We also want to thank Jake Douglas for his amazing artwork & hope he realizes how many smiles he will be putting on people's faces. (Phil does question about my Angel status, but he sure does love his Superhero identity. Hope we got you curious now!) Stay tuned for more of Jake's brilliant creations.
And thank you to all of you who wrote us testimonials (the guys too); we really appreciate all of the thoughtful comments.
We also have a new joint business email: info@PhilAndMindiaDance.com
Please start using this now for any email communications.
A FEW SHAMELESS PLUGS:
* VALENTINE'S PARTY TONIGHT!
We are hosting a Valentine's Party on Thursday, February 13th at the Hacienda! We will teach our usual classes, & then we will be your DJ's for the night! We have chocolate treats for you. Bring your Sweetheart... or come find your Sweetheart!
* Reminder that our next 1st SATURDAY WORKSHOP & DANCE EVENT is March 1st at the Hacienda; WE ARE YOUR DJs!
* We will be the Guest Instructors teaching Intermediate WCS at the PASADENA BALLROOM DANCE ASSOCIATION on Sunday, February 23rd. We are teaching Intermediate WCS at 6:30 pm.
* We are also DJing on Thursday, March 6th, & Thursday March 13th after our classes at the Hacienda.
Please check out the "New Highlights" section below for more updates.
Call You Out!
Here is where we get to pick on our readers ( instead of each other ).
Another week that everybody is off the hook.
Tune-up Your Playlist
We want to share with you our favorite songs of the week!
Mindia's Pick: "Feisty" by Jhameel (WCS)
Phil's Pick: "Stop It Baby" by Shakura S'Aida (WCS)
Please let us know if you have songs to add, or other ideas for our Newsletter Re-birthing. And thank you Shavonne, for suggesting to add song choices.
Takin' Care of Business
* DANCE DVD'S!
We have two new DVD's coming out very soon... Beginner West Coast Swing & Intermediate West Coast Swing! Stay tuned for more details. They are almost ready... for real.
* Please add our new joint business e-mail to your contact/address book, to avoid Spam difficulties: info@PhilAndMindiaDance.com. Please use this contact for any future communications.
* Our next 1st SATURDAY WORKSHOP & DANCE EVENT at the Hacienda Hotel is March 1st, 2014; WE ARE YOUR DJ's for the evening! (Click link at the top for details.) (Must be at least 21 years old to attend any Hacienda workshops. classes, or dances.) SAVE THESE UPCOMING DATES for the next few 1st SaturdayEvents: April 12th, (*NOTE* 2nd Saturday in April), May 3rd, & June 7th, 2014!
* All of our classes are drop-in (some do run in a series). No partner needed for any of our classes. No prior dance experience needed for Beginner classes. Two left feet are welcomed; we will introduce you to your right foot! (Phil wanted credit for that last comment.)
* Come out for classes & dancing on THURSDAYS at the HACIENDA! (For details click link at the top: Weekly Classes Hacienda.) I teach a FREE Beginner 1 West Coast Swing (Intro) class at 6:30pm every Thursday.
* HACIENDA HOTEL SUPPORT NEEDED: As you may have heard, new owners have taken over the hotel. It is crucial that we show them that the dancing brings in significant revenue. We need to do all that we can to keep this amazing venue for dancing alive! Please support the bar w/ a minimum purchase. If you order food from Sheila or the bartenders, the bill will go towards the bar tab for the night, which is helpful. Ordering food from the restaurant does not count towards the evening's bar tab. There are now four dance floors, so spread the word & bring your friends. PARKING: There is a Hacienda parking lot across the street (entrance on Mariposa St.). Three hours free with validation at the bar (just buy a drink or food).
* We will teach at CCR DANCE the 3rd Saturday of this month February 15th, at the Clubhouse in Placentia (formerly the Atomic). We are both available for private lessons there, but with limited space & time slots. Please schedule in advance.
* We are getting more ready for our move... we have some possibilities yay! Thanks for everybody's help. We are excited to live closer to our dance communities!
We hope that you have enjoyed this episode of "As the Dancer Turns..." I know that we have! Stay tuned for more entertaining issues.
Please explore our website for more info. We are also available for private dance lessons. Send us Facebook friend requests if you want to be informed/updated by our Newsfeed and Wall Posts. Pease forward this to friends to spread the word!
Hope to see you dancing soon,
Mindia... & Phil ;-)