Thursday October 30th, 2014
Hello to our Dance Family!
Welcome to Phil Adams & Mindia Robin's Newsletter: "As the Dancer Turns..."
Time to take another spin with this uplifting issue.
Soap Opera Snippets
A Day in the Life of...
Guess what? Our Halloween costumes are all set for our big party tonight at the Hacienda Hotel! We hope yours are too. So we went shopping for candy and decorations, and then got in the car to drive home. Before Phil got in his seat, he went to the backseat... I heard a crinkling kind of noise... I suppose he couldn't wait until the party to start eating the chocolates! Join us tonight for classes, dancing, candy treats, and costumes! We are your hosts & DJs for the night!
Phil is adding that he wants you to know that I am eating ice cream now while writing this, and so is he! But he is the one who bought it, suggested to eat it now, and then served it for us. He thinks my bowl is twice as big as his; he served it that way to make me look bad. (Oops, somebody just spilled ice cream on Phil's brand new desk, & is getting in trouble for it right now.)
We want to celebrate our Dance Team's last performance at the Paradise Country & Swing Dance Festival! It was their best performance so far, & we are so proud of them! They keep getting better & better. And Monday we started choreographing and working on their brand new routine. The new song (that was my suggestion) is... yeah right, like we would really tell you that so soon! We are all excited; we already had a great first practice this week.
We only have time for one fun story. We were at the Halloween Swing Thing Dance Event last weekend. While we were in our hotel room, somebody knocked on our door. Phil opened the door, & somebody from housekeeping was standing there with a baby crib. Obviously they had the wrong room. Shortly after, Phil went down the hall to the ice machine. One of the dancer guys walked up behind him & said, "Congratulations!" Phil was puzzled & asked, "For what?" His friend replied that he saw the crib delivery & was excited about our new baby haha!
Don't forget that this Saturday is OUR BIG 1st SATURDAY WORKSHOP & SWING DANCE at the HACIENDA HOTEL... NOVEMBER 1st! Join us for another great party! (See link above for details.)
UPCOMING THURSDAY DJ NIGHT: NOVEMBER 13th at the HACIENDA HOTEL! We are your DJs after our usual classes!
Don't Miss Out!
Make sure you read the "CALL YOU OUT" section below every newsletter; you may be in there!
Also check below in "TUNE-UP YOUR PLAYLIST" for two new songs!
We have two new DVDs available, Beginner & Intermediate WCS. Great news! You can now purchase them with a credit card, in person or through our web store! You can come to the Hacienda Hotel tonight to get them! More info about payment & options under Highlights.
We both have punch cards available for purchase: ten classes for $100 w/ the eleventh class free. (Separate punch cards for Phil & I.) Our punch cards will expire six months from the purchase date. We do take credit cards.
We are adding a new section on our website with special offers! So be sure to visit regularly for deals & discounts. The first offer is on there now!
A Shameless Plug
*1st TIMERS FREE for my Beginner WCS class on Tuesdays at 7:30 pm at the Hacienda Hotel... bring your friends!
*Please check the "Highlights" section below for more info.
Call You Out!
Here is where we get to pick on our readers (instead of each other)!
Phil is calling out Angie from Rosamond (where is that anyway?). When she saw his new hair-do, she said that it looked like he had stuck his finger in a light socket. Thirty seconds later, Holly walked in and saved the day. She told Phil that she loved his hair! He thinks Holly is more hip than Angie. But probably Holly just knew better, & didn't want to get called out! Phil is trying to say that I did his hair that day. That might be true.
Tune-up Your Playlist
We want to share with you our favorite songs of the week!
Mindia's Pick: "I Was Made to Love Him" Whitney Houston (WCS)
Phil's Pick: "So Cool" by Joslyn (WCS)
Please let us know if you have songs to add, or other ideas for our Newsletter Re-birthing. And thank you Shavonne, for suggesting to add song choices.
Takin' Care of Business
* NEW DANCE DVD'S!
Payment & Options: DVDs are $35 each. Bring your cash or checkbooks to upcoming classes, dances & events; if you buy DVDs in person with cash or check, we will treat for the tax! Credit card payments are now available in person, or through our web store. (In person there is a $30 minimum charge.) You can also order your DVDs through our website, & click the "pick up at class" shipping option (to avoid shipping charges).
* Please add our new joint business e-mail to your contact/address book, to avoid Spam difficulties: info@PhilAndMindiaDance.com Please use this contact for any future communications.
* UPCOMING 1st SATURDAY WORKSHOP & SWING DANCE EVENTS at the Hacienda Hotel: Click link at the top for details.) (Must be at least 21 years old to attend any Hacienda workshops. classes, or dances.) SAVE THESE UPCOMING DATES: November 1st, & December 6th, 2014! We are always your DJs, unless otherwise noted.
* UPCOMING NOVEMBER 15th: GUEST INSTRUCTORS CHRISTIAN COUNTRY ROUND-UP DANCE: You can usually find us at the Clubhouse in Placentia (formerly the Atomic) on the 3rd Saturday of each month at the CCR Dance. We teach two Intermediate classes: 6:45 pm TBA & 7:25 pm West Coast Swing (must know your basics). This Dance is open for anybody to come. There is always a theme & treats! (There are also Beginner classes.) Open Dancing is a mix of music. FIRST TIMERS FREE (except on a few special occasions). We are both available for private lessons there, but with limited space & time slots. Please schedule in advance. (Location: The Clubhouse 733 Dunn Way, Placentia, CA 92870). Details coming...
* All of our classes are drop-in (some do run in a series). No partner needed for any of our classes. No prior dance experience needed for Beginner classes. Two left feet are welcomed; we will introduce you to your right foot! (Phil wanted credit for that last comment.)
* Come out for classes & dancing on THURSDAYS at the HACIENDA! (For details click link at the top: Weekly Classes Hacienda.) I teach a FREE Beginner 1 West Coast Swing (Intro) class at 6:30 pm every Thursday.
* Once you have moved up from our Beginner level classes to Intermediate and then later Advanced, you are welcome to continue taking our Beginner classes for FREE! We want to encourage you to continue working on your basics; that is most important to develop a strong foundation. The best dancers usually are the ones who have worked on their basics for years. When you keep taking Beginner classes, you are also helping the new students to progress faster, since they get to rotate & dance with more experienced dancers.
* HACIENDA HOTEL SUPPORT NEEDED: As you may have heard, new owners have taken over the hotel. It is crucial that we show them that the dancing brings in significant revenue. We need to do all that we can to keep this amazing venue for dancing alive! Please support the bar w/ a minimum purchase. If you order food from Sheila or the bartenders, the bill will go towards the bar tab for the night, which is helpful. Ordering food from the restaurant does not count towards the evening's bar tab. There are now four dance floors, so spread the word & bring your friends. PARKING: There is a Hacienda parking lot across the street (entrance on Mariposa St.). One and a half hours free with validation at the bar (just buy a drink or food).
We hope that you have enjoyed this episode of "As the Dancer Turns..." I know that we have! Stay tuned for more entertaining issues.
Please explore our website for more info. We are also available for private dance lessons. Send us Facebook friend requests if you want to be informed/updated by our Newsfeed and Wall Posts. Pease forward this to friends to spread the word!
Hope to see you dancing soon,
Mindia... & Phil ;-)